Quran Talks...
This blog aims to spread the authentic teachings of Islam and to promote the learning of the Holy Quran. Contributing are sisters studying under Dr. Farhat Hashmi at Al Huda Institute Canada, who will be sharing first hand accounts of their learning.

Bismillah

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Surah Baqarah Verse 184

[Fasting for] a limited number of days. So whoever among you is ill or on a journey [during them] – then an equal number of days [are to be made up]. And upon those who are able [to fast, but with hardship] – a ransom [as substitute] of feeding a poor person [each day]. And whoever volunteers excess – it is better for him. But to fast is best for you, if you only knew.

Reflection: I am amazed at how much a tiny three letter word told me about myself today. The word is "safarin" from the root letters "seen faa raa" which means to reveal something and safarin means a journey - because a person's true self is revealed in a journey! I looked back at various journeys I have taken in the past and how at times I have been rude and impolite. I always dismissed my behavior by using some baseless excuse such as "oh I was tired" or "oh I was frustrated". Today this little word told me that that was the real me! I am still shocked as I always considered myself to be so well mannered. It is amazing how we deceive ourselves. Now I know, the me I see on a journey is the real me. What a big challenge this little word has presented me with. I pray to Allah SWT that I can rise and accept this challenge. Ameen

Irum Maharaj

Online Student
Taleem Al Quran 2010


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home