Quran Talks...
This blog aims to spread the authentic teachings of Islam and to promote the learning of the Holy Quran. Contributing are sisters studying under Dr. Farhat Hashmi at Al Huda Institute Canada, who will be sharing first hand accounts of their learning.

Bismillah

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Surah Baqarah Verse 214

Or do you think that you will enter Paradise while such [trial] has not yet come to you as came to those who passed on before you? They were touched by poverty and hardship and were shaken until [even their] messenger and those who believed with him said," When is the help of Allāh?" Unquestionably, the help of Allāh is near.

A dear friend once told me that once I start studying the Quran I will experience moments that I will cherish forever. These will be moments that will connect me to the Quran and make me return to it over and over again. I experienced one such incident during class today. You see, I have not been wearing the hijab for very long, only a few months. Some of my family members do not approve of it and have been hoping that it is just a phase that will pass soon, but no one had said anything to me about it as yet. During this morning's break in class I was talking to someone who is very dear to me, and they told me how much they disliked my hijab. I was about to open my mouth to respond to them when all of a sudden I heard takbeerat from my computer. Class was starting, I was surprised, it was five minutes early. I decided to stay quiet and walked away to my computer. As I opened my Juz I noticed I was crying. The lesson started, I tried my best to stay focused but I kept on drifting away and then we reached ayah 214, through my tear filled blurry eyes I read:
"Or do you think you will enter paradise while such trial has not yet come to you as came to those who passed on before you? They were touched by poverty and hardship and were shaken until even their messenger and those who believed with him said, "When is the help of Allah?" Unquestionably the help of Allah is near".

I stopped taking notes and soaked in every word that Sr. Taimiyah was saying, she talked about the hardships that the previous generations of believers have suffered because of their faith, the boycott in Makkah, the physical and mental torture! And here I was, crying, only because someone used some harsh words with me. I felt comforted as if a dear friend was holding my hand and showing me the way. I felt as if this ayah was sent down just for me, to keep me steadfast. I felt humbled by the legacy of those who have passed, their courage and strength made me feel stronger. I pray that I can prove myself worthy of Jannah as they proved themselves worthy of it. Ameen

Irum Maharaj
Online Student
Taleem Al Quran 2010

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home