Quran Talks...
This blog aims to spread the authentic teachings of Islam and to promote the learning of the Holy Quran. Contributing are sisters studying under Dr. Farhat Hashmi at Al Huda Institute Canada, who will be sharing first hand accounts of their learning.

Bismillah

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Surah Baqarah Verse 214

Or do you think that you will enter Paradise while such [trial] has not yet come to you as came to those who passed on before you? They were touched by poverty and hardship and were shaken until [even their] messenger and those who believed with him said," When is the help of Allāh?" Unquestionably, the help of Allāh is near

I wrote about this ayah yesterday as well and today I have the urge to write about it some more. I have pondered upon it all day. This morning, during group session, as I shared the lessons I had learned from this ayah, I became aware of the bond that this ayah has helped me forge with those who have passed. Allah chose them to struggle in His way, through their struggle He preserved His Deen for us. He required us to pray five times a day that He would bless us the way He blessed them. Each and everyone of them contributed in their own way and today we enjoy the fruits of their labor. I ask myself am I worthy of their legacy? Have I made enough efforts to learn about them and teach my children about them. They are the superstars that my children should be talking about instead of some clown on TV. I have to work harder all of us have to work harder to bring their stories back to life again.

Irum Maharaj

Online Student
Taleem Al Quran 2010

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home